Sunday 30 September 2012

Mooncake Festival: Mid Autumn Celebration


Happy Moon Cake Festival (Zhongqiu Jie). Mid Autumn Festival known as Moon Festival or Mooncake Festival, is a popular lunar harvest festival celebrated by Chinese people. Moon Cake Festival became popular during the early Tang Dynasty. The festival is held on the 15th of the eighth month in the Chinese calender, which is in September or early Octover in the Gregorian calendar. 

My family is not really care with Moon Cake Festival, but every year we always buy some moon cake in many variants, here's what Moon Cake we bought. 



This Moon Cake usually called Tong Tjiu Pia, the famous moon cake producer is Sin Hap Hoat. My favourite flavour are chocolate and cheese chocolate. It is so good. 



Baked Moon Cake, my mom brought this from Malaysia, she said in Malaysia many Baked Moon Cake were sale so she bought many of them. 


Non Baked Moon Cake from Malaysia. It is Taro Moon Cake, so the cake is taro flavour and fill with lotus and egg yolk, so good, but I prefer the Baked Moon Cake. 


Ice Cream Moon Cake from Hagen Dazs. I bought it in early bird so I've got special price, it is only Rp.54,000,- per piece. There are 4 flavours, strawberry, coffee, cookies and cream and chocolate . I bought the coffee, and cookies and cream. There is also egg yolk version of ice cream, made from mango ice cream, it taste so good.





Please follow my twitter // facebook // instagram // foodspotting // pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...